Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 561: Grant's Wish

Day 561: Grant's Wish - One Year Anniversary!

This was suppose to be written and posted on May 31, 2014.  However technology has not been my friend recently.  My computer was slowly dieing a horrible death and would daily decided which programs or features I was allowed to use.  Therefore, I could find this website, read posts, title a post, but not compose one.  Hmmm, frustrating.  Especially as this race marked my one year anniversary of racing.

So, computer issues aside, there are so many things to celebrate about the last year of running.

First, I am faster than I was a year ago!  (I know I'm still a turtle compared to most runners, but I'm now a very fast turtle!)  I finished over 5 minutes faster this year with a time of 43:08.  Still missing the all allusive 40 minute 5k mark that will move me from turtle status to something a little faster (not sure what yet).  I plan to attain that 40 minute mark this year at the Sundowner knowing I was about minute off during that race last year. 

Second, I made it one full year of races without any injuries!  No rehab! No crutches, or wraps, or anything but a few well deserved sore muscles. 

Third, I finished 5 different races!  Did you catch that?  I FINISHED 5 races!  I didn't just think about running and racing.  I didn't just hope to race or hope to finish.  I did it!  I trained, registered, showed up, ran, and crossed the finish line. 

So, what are you celebrating this race season?  Me?  Running free for one year!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment