Thursday, December 27, 2012

Day 31: Moving Foward Slowly

Day 31:

Wow, it's been awhile since I've updated everyone.  Christmas Eve was busy and Christmas Day was relaxing.  As far as running (for 60 seconds) this weekend?  I was convinced by a friend to wait and was rewarded by my PT with some new exercises.

Physical Therapy last night was a little tougher than normal.  My PT started the session off by moving me from the bike to the elliptical machine.  I used to love this machine when I went to the gym, but not so much now.  It was harder than I expected and felt weird too.  Then she announced that some of my exercises were too easy.  This never bodes well for me. 

Soon, I found myself leaping like a kid trying to play hopscotch but never getting past the first square.  Yeah, leaping as in pushing off with my bad foot in the middle of a run.  So, I may not have run over the weekend, but I started to run for more than 60 seconds last night.  We ended the night on the treadmill with a fast walk.  Hopefully, this means I will be running soon.

Well, I gotta get my day going with another PT session before going to foot doctor for a follow up with my foot support and then off to work.  Have a great day everyone! 

Leaping my way into running.
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment